[Ninux-day] A law question

L. Aaron Kaplan aaron at lo-res.org
Mon Jan 11 17:58:40 CET 2010

The reasoning was not that people can hide when they are small ISPs (believe me, we know *all* ISPs here).
The reasoning is that SMBs can not afford such a tremendous data retention database tracking all connections. This is not acceptable for small businesses.

Yes, I highly recommend that you check out the regulations as the EU demanded it. If it also applies to SMBs on the EU level, then we might all be lucky.

a.