[Ninux-day] Link from Croatia to Italy

Alexander List alex at list.priv.at
Tue May 3 16:57:40 CEST 2011

On 04/16/2011 11:09 AM, Mitar wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I am here on a meeting of wireless networks in Croatia and we got the
> idea of making a wireless link over the Adriatic sea. In Italy, do you
> have somebody on the east coast who would be interested in making link
> to, for example, Pula in Croatia?

Mitar,

Pula is >50km LOS from any location in Italy.

If you want to set up something doable *and* make a political statement
at the same time, it would have to be in the disputed bay of Piran [1],
where you have Trieste, Izola and Piran within 10km. Also, Pula is on
sea level, in the area of Piran there are some hills that should be more
adequate for doing long distance links.

The only folks in this area I'm aware of are in Piemonte, which is
around Torino so several hundred km away, but still in Northern Italy...

Alex

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Croatia%E2%80%93Slovenia_border_disputes