[ninux-dev] Github geojson

Alessandro Gubitosi gubi.ale at gotanotherway.com
Fri Feb 7 00:38:16 CET 2014

Facciamo una prova con i nodi di ninux?

Gubi

-------- Messaggio originale --------
Oggetto: 	Diffable, more customizable maps
Data: 	Wed, 05 Feb 2014 21:18:33 GMT
Mittente: 	<benbalter>

Diffable, more customizable maps

We're excited to announce two improvements to mapping on GitHub today:
diffs and feature-level customizations.

    Visualizing changes over time

We added the ability to visualize geospatial data
<https://github.com/blog/1528-there-s-a-map-for-that> to GitHub last
summer, but the true value of version control comes not from where your
information is now, but how it's changed over time, and where others
propose it should be.

Starting today, any time you view a commit or pull request on GitHub
that includes geodata, we'll render a visual representation of what was
changed. For example, here's a diff
<https://github.com/benbalter/congressional-districts/commit/2233c76ca5bb059582d796f053775d8859198ec5>
of Illinois's famed 4th congressional district after undergoing
redistricting in 2011:

Illinois 4th Congressional district
<https://github.com/benbalter/congressional-districts/commit/2233c76ca5bb059582d796f053775d8859198ec5#diff-85d2c1b78193e963475250414e57940b>

We'll even diff properties within the geometry when they change:

Updating a property
<https://github.com/DU-GIS/Geojson_Data/commit/042e86e417a7fb9e43504640046339e82618e4c2#diff-0cca6b7c0e294c8d3e9d9b8090ab9e24>

    Customizable maps

We've also made some changes under the hood to make mapping geoJSON
files on GitHub
<https://help.github.com/articles/mapping-geojson-files-on-github>
faster and more customizable.

In addition to more-responsive, retina-ready maps, you can now customize
individual features by specifying properties such as the fill color or
opacity within the geoJSON file itself like the National Park Service
<https://github.com/nationalparkservice> did here:

simple style spec
<https://github.com/nationalparkservice/npmap.js/blob/master/examples/data/simplestyle.geojson>

We've implemented version 1.1.0 of the open simplestyle specification
<https://github.com/mapbox/simplestyle-spec/tree/master/1.1.0>, so be
sure to check out the full documentation
<https://help.github.com/articles/mapping-geojson-files-on-github#styling-markers>
for the details.

Happy collaborative mapping!