[Nodeshot] Will switch from django-tastypie to django-restframework

Nemesis nemesis at ninux.org
Sat Jan 12 12:14:47 CET 2013

For the nodeshot API in the refactoring branch i previously chose to use
*"django tastypie"* because it seemed to have a larger user base.

In the beginning I was happy, because it made me able to do a lot of
things with very few lines of code. Unfortunately, when I needed to
start to customize the behaviour according to our needs it started to
look ridicolously complex, the code started to become hard to read and
it didn't feel like working with django anymore.

I'm trying *"django rest framework" *for another project, and it feels
much more django-like. It requires a few more lines of code, so it's
more explicit, readable and it looks easier to customize.

In the following 30 days i'll refactor the nodeshot2 API to switch to
*"django rest framework"* and i'll add authorization and authentication
(session and token).

In the meanwhile i'll investigate more the probable switch to postgresql
and the add of inet and postgist fields.

Federico