[Nodeshot] Nodeshot v1: links drawing logic

Clauz clauz at ninux.org
Fri Jan 24 21:27:56 CET 2014

Hi, folks.
Replying here.

On 01/23/2014 08:44 PM, Stefano De Carlo wrote:
> Il 22/01/2014 22:44, Clauz ha scritto:
> I get over 1000+ line of topology, but our link isn't in there. That's
> our main issue, I guess.
>
> Are these OLSR_URLS entries manually written in the settings file or is
> there some script that it's not working for us?
> If that's all manual, how do we get our URL into the settings.OLSR_URLS
> array?

That's manual. Just ask the mapserver admins ;)

> On the VPN Isole, our node has address 10.0.5.6, and txtinfo plugin on
> port 2006 seems to work fine.
>
> Other questions: how often the mapserver refreshes the link? If the

It's a 5 minutes interval cronjob.

> status is set to "reachable" in the admin panel, and then the link
> doesn't appear in the topologies when the read_topology script is
> executed, does Nodeshot automatically set to unreachable?

AFAIK no, the script is used just to draw.

> I have another idea about what could be going on.
> We didn't compile and run OLSRd integration for babeld as suggested in
> http://wiki.ninux.org/IsoleVPN.
> We thought it would be just fine to announce our entire assigned ip
> range in babeld.conf
>
> # redistribute our ip range
> redistribute ip 172.17.87.0/24 proto 157
> redistribute ip 10.87.0.0/16 proto 157
>
> but doesn't this mean we lost every topology information the map server
> might need to draw the links?

Perhaps we can manage to upload the topology to a server with a public
IP address?

>> Don't hesitate to ask. Perhaps it would be nice to arrange a short
>> remote tutorial on how this script works?
>
> That would be very nice. Let me know the means you prefer for that and
> I'll reach out to you next week (I'm not at home atm).
> Ofc We'd be grateful if you also could elaborate on our questions in
> this thread. =)

I hope I won't be too busy with work the next week. Let's see and keep
in touch through jabber!

Clauz