[Nodeshot] Nodeshot 2 "federation"

Nemesis nemesis at ninux.org
Fri May 2 16:58:45 CEST 2014

On 05/01/2014 08:26 AM, Gioacchino Mazzurco wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Will nodeshot 2 support federation ?
> With federation i mean if each community can install/manage it's how server
> without and servers can display if wanted nodes from other servers.

Quite some work has been done regarding this.

http://nodeshot.readthedocs.org/en/latest/topics/interoperability.html

It is not a real federation and It has some limitations still.

> Is the demo [1] up to date ?

That one is up to date. We also have an instance on test.map.ninux.org
but haven't had the time to fix the importer yet.

> What is the schedule for a stable release ?
>

> [1] https://nodeshot-demo.publicwifi.it/#/map

We are focusing on getting out something we can iterate on, the first
alpha1 milestone is closed, now we are working on all the tickets
remaining for the phase alpha2 which is scheduled for june:
https://github.com/ninuxorg/nodeshot/issues?milestone=7&state=open

In how much time the alpha2 will become beta and then stable?
The more people contribute with feedback and code the sooner we'll get
to a stable release.

Without help I'm alone and I think it will take me at least the entire
summer to get something satisfactory.

Federico