[Nodeshot] Auto install

Stefano Tonazzi stefano.tonazzi at gmail.com
Wed May 7 14:51:38 CEST 2014

> On 04/28/2014 04:27 PM, Stefano Tonazzi wrote:
> > Hi all,
> > the Nodeshot install procedure can be easily tested on a Virtual Machine
> > following the instructions below.
> > These have been tested on a Ubuntu 12.04 host, but can be easily
> > replicated on other systems:
>
> Hi, there.
> I tried to follow the instructions to install nodeshot on a VirtualBox
> VM. I didn't use vagrant, just the fabric script (thanks a lot for
> that). The system is an Ubuntu 12.04 LTS system.
>
> To finalize the installation I had to perform the following steps:
>
>  - change the domain to the IP address of the VM in
> /var/www/nodeshot/projects/NodeshotDev/NodeshotDev/local_settings.py
> (where NodeshotDev is a name given by me)

this should be managed by the installation process, with the server_name
parameter that is inserted at the beginning.
I'll give it a check, to see if it works as expected.

>  - create the admin user (with help from Nemesis):
> # source python/bin/activate
> # python manage.py shell

I have added ( today ) a function in the fab file that does this work
automatically,
adding 'admin' superuser with password admin.

> Now it looks like it works :)
>
> cheers,
> Clauz

Bye Stefano