[Nodeshot] email in local setup

Nemesis nemesis at ninux.org
Thu Apr 16 16:59:08 CEST 2015

Hey,

On 04/16/2015 09:47 AM, Eden Ray Gardner wrote:
> I installed nodeshot locally and want to manually test some features
> with multiple users etc. To sign up multiple users I have to sign them
> up with the email procedure etc. but where do the emails go? It seems
> that they are stored locally but where? Is there a smooth way to use
> and test email features in a local setup?

are you talking about emails like:

  * sign up confirmation
  * notifications
  * contacting users

If yes, keep DEBUG = True in your settings

Run this command in a terminal shell:

python -m smtpd -n -c DebuggingServer localhost:1025

And then you should see outgoing emails logged on the terminal.

Let me know if it helped.

Fed