[Nodeshot] Basic implementation of links on UI

Nemesis nemesis at ninux.org
Thu Mar 5 19:42:11 CET 2015

Hi Gabriel,

On 03/04/2015 06:13 PM, Gabriel wrote:
> On 01/03/2015 23:14, Nemesis wrote:
>> See it in action here: https://ninux.nodeshot.org/
>>
>> I'll improve it further in the next iterations, but at least now we can
>> see the links on the ninux map.
>>
> We should aggregate the links as we do for the nodes.
> So if we have 2 subisland, we'll se just a link beetwen the 2 points
> that aggregate all the nodes of the subisland.

What do you mean for aggregating?

Do you mean clustering, that is, grouping the nodes at certain zoom level?

If you mean that, I have to give you a bad news, It is not currently
possible with the Leaflet.MarkerCluster plugin, it only clusters markers
(points), it doesn't cluster nor lines nor polygons.

Clustering lines and polygons would require patching the plugin, but I
fear it's not gonna be straightforward.

> What do you think on implementing a size of the nodes and links that
> depends on the betweenes centrality? Maybe with a button to activate it.
>
> I have something already working here
> http://home.unname.eu:8081/ninux/centrality/roma.html

It would be useful, but I would not do this on the geographic map, it
would be nice to have a separate view with a graph like that one.

But I would defer this type of work for a later phase.

Federico