[Nodeshot] RESENT: metrics, measure distance and area

Nemesis nemesis at ninux.org
Sun Mar 22 22:51:31 CET 2015

Quick update:

  * distance measurement:
    https://github.com/ninuxorg/nodeshot/commit/d8354bbdc9e98509b80c05e9f738a80ac8b5e060

  * area measurement:
    https://github.com/ninuxorg/nodeshot/commit/48ada511a54edb9456bc4634560ec8183525a76b

See it in action here - let me know if you find the buttons :-)
https://opendata.publicwifi.it/#/map
(The Ninux test map is down at the moment)

These features will be improved in further iterations; Something missing
is the ability to save measurements for subsequent sessions.

Next time I'll implement the elevation profile tool.

Regarding the metric collection (aka stats) tool, i'm working on a
prototype in the metrics branch:
https://github.com/ninuxorg/nodeshot/tree/metrics

This too will be at first a simple implementation just to get started
with measuring stuff.
Metrics are stored in influxdb, which is a very promising timeseries
database, which is also supported by grafana, which means metrics
collected by nodeshot will be showable in separate grafana instances if
needed.

Federico