[Ninux-Wireless] link 6 Km

OrazioPirataDelloSpazio (Lorenzo) ziducaixao a autistici.org
Gio 23 Dic 2010 00:37:40 CET

Non lo so',
forse già lo sapevi ma mi ricordo che per link lunghi c'erano delle
ottimizzazioni quasi d'obbligo da fare, cercando al volo ho trovato qui
[1] qualcuno che lo spiegava:

------------
your signal travels 3 km (10 microseconds), then gets processed which
takes a bit of time and then the acknowledgement again travels 10
microseconds. The sender has already decided that the ack has not come
(although it is on its way) and tries again ....   You can imagine the
mess this causes because our boxes are operating in time multiplex
(either send or receive bot not at the same time).
I read somewhere that many drivers have been set with timing windows
that allow up to appr. 1.5 km of one-way delay.
For the Atheros chipeset there are open-source drivers ('athctrl'
routine) that allow to shift and extend the timing windows.

Lorenzo

[1] https://forum.openwrt.org/viewtopic.php?pid=20914