[Ninux-Wireless] Fwd: [Olsr-users] Anyone with verified 802.11n HT speeds on Ubiquiti M devices in adhoc/mesh mode?

Gioacchino Mazzurco gmazzurco89 a gmail.com
Mer 23 Mar 2011 10:24:35 CET

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Ben West <westbywest a gmail.com>
Date: 2011/3/22
Subject: Re: [Olsr-users] Anyone with verified 802.11n HT speeds on
Ubiquiti M devices in adhoc/mesh mode?
To: "Daniel A. Nagy" <nagydani a epointsystem.org>
Cc: olsr-users a lists.olsr.org

For an update, I believe I was able to get HT modes working in IBSS
(aka adhoc) on two Nanostation M5s.  The Links reported 150Mbit/s
connection on both ends after settling, and throughput measured at
45Mbit/s.
This required patches to iw and compat-wireless on OpenWRT r25206.
More info here:
https://forum.openwrt.org/viewtopic.php?pid=131299#p131299
I would be interested to hear if anyone has been able to specify HT
modes in /etc/config/wireless on OpenWRT, since I was unable.
Note that the link speeds did suggest I was getting multiple chains
(i.e. MIMO) very briefly.  My test environment (indoor room, 20feet
separation) could have been non-ideal.
On Mon, Mar 14, 2011 at 2:48 AM, Ben West <me a benwest.name> wrote:

> Sorry for not explaining this in the original post.  It is described in OpenWRT forum post; I had snipped my question to this list to focus on mesh-related question.
> Gateway: Rocket M5, flashed with pre-compiled openwrt-ar71xx-ubnt-rocket-m-squashfs-factory.bin for Backfire 10.03-rc4
> Repeaters (and a backup gwy): Nanostation M5, flashed with custom-compiled pre-compiled openwrt-ar71xx-ubnt-nano-m-squashfs-factory.bin from Backfire r24045, and with this patch to allow DHCP on 2nd LAN port:
> http://freifunk.net/pipermail/wlanware/2010-December/002439.html
> Basically, I'm curious to hear details (e.g. patches, what revision of OpenWRT/ath9k) where people have confirmed getting HT modes to work.
> Besides that, these nodes are actually working just fine, and their link speed generally outpaces the uplink I have for them anyway.  It's just that I would like to support ~40Mbit link speed in the intermediate future, should a fast enough uplink appear.
> On Mon, Mar 14, 2011 at 2:37 AM, Daniel A. Nagy <nagydani a epointsystem.org> wrote:
>>
>> On 03/14/2011 06:10 AM, Ben West wrote:
>> > I just set up 3 Ubiquiti M5 devices as mesh nodes running OpenWRT
>>
>> Since Ubiquiti M5 devices are not as identical as the pre-M series,
>> could you be more specific?
>>
>> These three categories are quite distinct, require different firmware
>> and have their own, distinct quirks:
>> - PicoStation / Bullet M5
>> - NanoStation M5
>> - NanoStation M5 Loco