[Ninux-Wireless] Default wireless distance settings in Libremesh

Gio gio a diveni.re
Gio 1 Dic 2016 16:24:13 CET

On Monday 28 November 2016 10:14:45 Saverio Proto wrote:
> Hello Gioacchino,
>
> as a follow up to your presentation at the Ninux day I checked the
> code about the default distance setting in libremesh,
>  and it looks like there is a reasonble default setting:
>
> https://github.com/libremesh/lime-packages/blob/develop/packages/lime-system
> /files/usr/lib/lua/lime/wireless.lua#L106
>
> now I dont know if it was not applied in your demo because of a bug,
> or because of the "demo effect".

I have double checked this, in the demo it wasn't present because as the
internet connection was very slow we didn't download a fresh image but used
one very old from 2014 that didn't had that line that as you can see in git-
blame has been edited by me in 2016

d4f7a8c2 (Gio                 2016-08-07 16:21:29 +0200 106)
local distance = options["distance"..freqSuffix] or options["distance"] or 10000

Thanks you for digging in the code to check this

Cheers!!