[Ninux-Wireless] Fwd: [DIY-ISP] Decentralised Internet devroom - CFP

Claudio Pisa clauz a ninux.org
Mer 23 Nov 2016 22:45:42 CET

FYI

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: [DIY-ISP] Decentralised Internet devroom - CFP
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2016 22:12:03 +0100
From: Julien Rabier <jrabier a ilico.org>
To: diy-isp a ffdn.org

Hi fellow hackers,

Open Source and Free Software initial promises were to empower
individuals when it came to computing. Three decades later, computing is
almost always connected to the Internet one way or another. PCs are less
and less used while smartphones are soaring and data is collected and
stored on servers on which we have very limited control as users. What
happened to our freedom and empowerment in the meantime?  The outlook is
not so great: we have less and less control over our digital environment.
Network Neutrality is in danger and most code we use is proprietary and
runs on servers we don't have control over.

Fortunately, FOSDEM 2017 will host a "Decentralised Internet" devroom \o/
We invite projects/individual working around these issues/topics to submit
proposals according to this schedule:

	CFP DEADLINE:      04 December 2016
	SPEAKERS NOTIFIED: 11 December 2016

All submissions are to be made in Pentabarf :
https://penta.fosdem.org/submission/FOSDEM17
When submitting your talk in Pentabarf, make sure to select the
"Decentralised
Internet" devroom as the Track.
Of course, if you already have a user account, please reuse it.

Topics could include all layers of the stack, from network, hardware, OS,
platform, apps and services:

* Community-driven networks, DIY access providers,
* Self-hosting software and distributions,
* Software aimed at keeping control over personal data,
* Community-hosted alternatives to GAFA
* …

If you have any questions, please send an e-mail to
fosdem2017 a lists.ffdn.org.

See you soon in Brussels!

taziden, for the Decentralised Internet devroom orgs.