[Ninux-Wireless] Fwd: [gsoc-mentors-2018] idea withdrawal (?)

Claudio Pisa clauz a ninux.org
Lun 19 Mar 2018 16:37:13 CET

Ciao.
Qualcuno qui in lista e' interessato a fare da GSoC mentor per questo
progetto?

https://github.com/freifunk/projects.freifunk.net-contents/blob/master/collections/_projects/ninux_node_building_coordination.md

Purtroppo io quest'anno non avro' tempo di seguirlo, quindi
l'alternativa e' ritirare l'idea (vedi sotto).

Clauz

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: [gsoc-mentors-2018] idea withdrawal (?)
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2018 14:38:32 +0100
From: Claudio Pisa <clauz a ninux.org>
To: gsoc-mentors-2018 a freifunk.net

Hi, mentors.
In the last days I have received e-mails from two students concerning
this project:

https://github.com/freifunk/projects.freifunk.net-contents/blob/master/collections/_projects/ninux_node_building_coordination.md

However, I realized that this year, because of a combination of
professional and personal reasons, I cannot commit the time [*] to
follow a student, and I haven't found anybody in ninux who is willing to
take my place as mentor.

Is anybody from the other communities here willing to "adopt" this project?

Otherwise what do you think is the best thing to do? Can we just
withdraw the idea and notify the two students who are interested?

cheers,
Clauz

[*] 4-5 hours per week:
https://google.github.io/gsocguides/mentor/notes-for-first-year-organizations.html