[Battlemesh] Help needed presenting our mesh based app @ Battlemesh

Erle Pereira erle at erlepereira.com
Tue Feb 15 05:51:49 UTC 2011

Hi everyone

A couple of us (jatin golani (jeetu), erle pereira) have been working
on an open source (gpl) mesh networking based application that allows
software and computing to be shared from devices around you and we
could truly use your help/feedback/attention.

Ideally we would love to come to spain for battlemesh, but
unfortunately, finances do not permit either of us to travel right
now. (we would be coming from India, Australia respectively)

To explain the idea a little. eBrainPool (www.ebrain.in) uses mesh
networking to pool in the software and computing resources of all
devices around you. It enables the user to discover and run software
from someone in the resource pool and simply use it on your own netbook, phone
or any other device.
This means that she doesn't need the software installed on her device
to use it - simply seek others with the software and use it on your
device while it runs direct on their computer. The broad goals of
eBrainPool are to provide software, computing and operating
environment as a shared resource.

Right now the code utilizes OLSR (thank you everyone at olsrd
[http://erlepereira.com/ox6/v=MkGXLso/themes/light_breeze/img/smilies/smile.gif]
 ) as
the mesh daemon, but amongst other things we're looking to introduce a
plugin concept to allow other mesh protocols to be used as well.

We already have concept code working, released as a developer preview
(GPL) and are working towards an updated release. The videos and
screenshots up on our site show this working and where we're currently
at.

Honestly we are new to the mesh networking concept and people here
probably know a lot more about this than we do
[http://erlepereira.com/ox6/v=MkGXLso/themes/light_breeze/img/smilies/smile.gif]
 We would like to
test this out in a real world scenario and battlemesh seems the
perfect place to try this out. We're looking forward to the idea and code
being ripped apart yielding some good inputs from you all
[http://erlepereira.com/ox6/v=MkGXLso/themes/light_breeze/img/smilies/smile.gif]

we would truly appreciate any help with regards:

1) Would anyone (please) present this idea there on our behalf? ( will
provide whatever help, inputs, paper, presentation etc..We consider
even pulling aside your buds and speaking about it as presenting
[http://erlepereira.com/ox6/v=MkGXLso/themes/light_breeze/img/smilies/smile.gif]
 )

2) ideally also, some people attending might be interested in trying this out
and giving us more feedback. Willing to provide any and whatever help
here too. Its still new and buggy code.

3) anything else really, which really includes telling us what is not quite
right, or the wrong way of doing things.

Until now its really been an idea that started with winning the
developer category award at UVAC 2006 and we have been playing it with since
then.
This has resulted in a proof of concept code. We're looking to build forward
with like minded people, and this just seems the perfect place.

Would be awesome to meet you guys and wish we could come, but finances
just do not permit it at the current time. Would sincerely appreciate
any help you can provide. Please hit the site and ping us for any more
info. we can provide.

thanks for your time

Erle Pereira
www.ebrain.in | Introducing "Beehive" computing