[Battlemesh] Efharisto and follow-ups (WiMOB2012)

Xavier Carcelle xavier.carcelle at gmail.com
Wed Apr 4 07:44:31 UTC 2012

Dear greek organizers, and fellow hidden organizers,

I wanted to add my thanks to the crew/team/people organizing this new
battlemesh in Sarantaporo/Athens and I enjoyed visiting the "meshed"
villages being hosted at the local people houses and share
mesh-network visions and implementations.

Long time since we organized the first event in Paris (@ tmplab) w/
Nico with a stack of foneras/wrt54g running around the building (that
some of you know) to configure manually the nodes and now more than 60
people gathering around this event to make it both "hands-on" and
"discussions/talks" about the current/future implementations of the
wireless mesh-mode and this time one whole week (I could attend only
the warm-up that was already warm and nerdy!)

To keep w/ the energy of the event, there is 2 follow-ups that we were
discussing in Greece (among many others...) :

1/where should be the next battlemesh and did you guys discuss the
location/team for the next event ?

2/WiMob 2012 paper submission for "battlemesh"
Leandro Navarro Moldes [1] (Professor @ Universitat Politècnica de
Catalunya) came to us during the warm-up and was bringing the
idea/motivation of bridging a little more the battlemesh community and
the academic people and proposed that we could submit a "group paper"
to the WiMob conference [2] (Oct 8/9/10 2012 in Barcelona) about the
battlemesh. The submission deadline for this 4pages paper is May 16th,
2012 and we could do a group editing and sign it as "battlemesh
{people ,organization, ...}" basically explaining, summarizing the
things done during this past 5 WBM and the spirit of this event as we
discuss it on a different thread.
=> we could start this paper group editing in the coming weeks if
agreed and have some draft ready for submission that people could
present during the conference.
What do you think about this idea ?

Again many Efharistos to the greek organizers and people preparing
this event in the previous months to make it happen!

Xavier_

[1] http://people.ac.upc.edu/leandro/
[2] http://www.wikicfp.com/cfp/servlet/event.showcfp?eventid=20089&copyownerid=23783