[Battlemesh] Battlemesh v5 december meeting minutes/notes/bullets @Berlin

Marek Lindner lindner_marek at yahoo.de
Tue Jan 3 13:29:11 UTC 2012

On Tuesday, January 03, 2012 21:04:29 Roger Baig Viñas wrote:
> > Here it is. I am sorry if I am misspelling Greek names...
> >
> >  - Battlemesh 5 will be held in the center of Athens
> >
> >  - we can use a room at the local university that contains ~100 people
>
> Which university is it? Can we know the address of the faculty/building?

We'll get all the details in the coming days and are going to publish them on
battlemesh.org (including maps / directions / etc).

> >  - there is an hotel that can host us at a very good price. It can
> > contain up to ~60 people, but we are authorized to use sleeping bags
> > (yes, without being kicked out)
>
> Maybe there's no need to ask it but just to make it clear: I
> understand that the amount of money mentioned in the previous point
> already includes the accommodation, right?

Correct. The money is for the accomodation - the university offered the rooms
for free (as far I understood).

> An AWMN association member told me during we had conversation recently
> that despite some members of the association had shown interest in
> helping in the organization during the meeting we had last September
> no body have contact them so far. IMHO it will be a big mistake if we
> do not manage to make everyone feel comfortable in the WBM specially
> if he/she is actively offering help. Therefore I request those who are
> leading the organization of the current edition to contact the AWMN
> association to tell them how they can contribute.

Who told you that exactly ? Many people involved in the battlemesh
organisation are part of the AWMN community (Vasillis, Alexandrous, etc), so I
don't really understand how one could claim AWMN is not involved.

Cheers,
Marek