[Battlemesh] [B.A.T.M.A.N.] Battlemesh v5 tests

Gabriel Kerneis kerneis at pps.jussieu.fr
Fri Mar 9 12:04:55 UTC 2012

On Fri, Mar 09, 2012 at 07:26:54PM +0800, Marek Lindner wrote:
> The concept of a primary interface goes back into the early days of batman and
> primarily is an optimization to reduce overhead. At some point we realized
> that it is not necessary to flood the mesh with OGMs from each and every
> interface we have. Nearby nodes might want to know about all interfaces to
> select the best one. Nodes that are far away don't care which interface is
> connected to what other interface. They only care about a route to their
> destination. This concept is briefly explained here[1] (section 2.1.6 and
> 2.1.7).

Thanks for the pointer.

Does that mean that it is impossible to announce a route on some interfaces
only?  It looks like a rather arbitrary limitation.

In case I misunderstood and it is actually possible, I fail to see ĥow the
alternating algorithm takes this into account: it seems to assume that a node
will accept to route any packet on any interface.  Did I miss something?

Best regards,
--
Gabriel