[Battlemesh] What hardware still works?

Daniel Golle daniel at makrotopia.org
Wed Feb 24 22:37:57 UTC 2016

On Wed, Feb 24, 2016 at 10:48:21PM +0100, Christian Huldt wrote:
> > What mediatek device is that? Can you provide a link?..
> >
> I seem to have lost the link, but IIRC it was quite similar to this (as
> far as I can judge):
> http://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/GIGABIT-MediaTek-MT7621-chipset-openWRT-wifi_60348958882.html?spm=a2700.7724857.29.1.eUluma&s=p

be very careful, they are selling this box in versions with MT7610E as
well as MT7612E, various memory options, etc. make sure to order
exactly what you need. MT7610E is useles crap, stay away from it.
(their OpenWrt "supports" it by using MediaTek's proprietary
AP-mode-only, ie. no client, adhoc, mesh what-so-ever with that chip)