[Battlemesh] Just another great battlemesh (was Re: No results again)

guifipedro guifipedro at gmail.com
Mon May 9 17:57:41 UTC 2016

> Let me also ask you Simon, who is being expelled by whom and how?

[I'm using your responses, but I'm not responding you only]

I enjoy battlemesh. But I regret a lot this kind of actitude based on a
strong meritocracy relationship: "look how clever I am", "my idea is better
than yours", "look what I'm able to do", "this guy did nothing", "this guy
did a lot". And this is something I can attribute to: wibed, non-wibed and
unaffiliated people. I can confirm that you are clever guys, but do not
believe so much.

We had GREAT time, I'm sure everyone discovered something new. But then,
after the battlemesh, people ask you, what you did? you got something? And
instead of saying "it's difficult to say, you should come next time, so
much people, discussions, ideas" some people say: "we had no results".

The GOAL of the WirelessBattleMesh events is to set-up hands-on testbed for
each available mesh routing protocol with a standard test procedure for the
different mesh networks. During the different WBM events, similar hardware
and software configuration will be used based on the OpenWRT
BoardSupportPackage and packages for each protocol implementation. The WBM
events are also a great opportunity to develop testing tools for PHY/MAC
radio layers (drivers, scripts and PHY analyzers).

Can someone say if we failed with the GOAL? We tried and we learned all of
us.
And we did MORE than that: generating a community, talks, exchange of
ideas, discussions, etc.

Now I share two sentences inspired from the discussion about the testbed in
battlemesh:
- Do not try to be perfect. push complex things to next year. Finish
iteration.
- This is not a battle, it's more a proof of what works in reality. and
helps developers to go on a direction. Relax.

The required effort of the testbed is HUGE.
Using a professional tool as wibed, even more.
Using too much routers for the testbed, even more.

Being ambitious for the glory of the battle about the process and results:
EVEN MORE (and here appear burnouts and expellings)
There were past great years in battlemesh (but I only saw this last
frustrating two).
I think it's ok to have different testbeds, different results. And one
documentation trying to explain them as a newspaper with different
articles. Why not?
Do not hesitate, we will put font size according to the expertise of the
group. Or some other traps.
And please, some trophies for this people that need to win constantly in
life.

Anyway, for people that is observing this, I can say that going to
battlemesh worth it. But not reading this kind of emails. Wringing pain of
a situation where nobody is confortable, and trying to play between winners
and loosers.