[Battlemesh] battlemesh v9.1

Gui Iribarren gui at altermundi.net
Wed May 11 16:43:17 UTC 2016

hey everyone!
i hope you understand i'm not participating in the thread about "the
battle of the meshers" :P
i gave several hugs to all of you every day, and for me that is the most
important thing.
as I told federico, I'm not worried about having zero results, if we are
happy with each other. On the other side, I'd be *very* worried/sad if
we had gigabytes of data, but couldn't talk to each other anymore as a
result ;)

anyway, sending here much <3 for marek, simon, henning, federico,
riccardo, alessandro, ferry, axel, pau, pedro, roger, roger...
and juliusz! even tho we haven't met yet

i left the battlemesh with the feeling that if we all had collectively
one more day, (batadv team to solve their crash; olsr2 to fix their
802.1ad instrospection, someone getting to understand flent tests, etc)
we would have achieved great results

marek + other batmaners, as well as axel agreed (and i assume juliusz
will be happy as well) to redeploy the exact testbed we had on the last
day in porto, but back in the UPC in barcelona

so we did just that, Roger Pueyo and me, with a help of pau as well

it's running fine, with the changes incorporated in the last day (using
5ghz to push overlays over the mesh while not experimenting, and also
using adhoc as link-layer instead of 11s).

a BATMAN_V experiment was tested (with the changes pushed by marec
during the weekend) and it ran OK this time :)

we'll set up a small computer as well on a remote end of the mesh to run
flent tests from there (accesed via ssh)

controller is live again at http://controller.wibed.tk/
(please coordinate in #battlemesh before doing any experiments/changes)

with much love, your friendly test manager

gui

pd. full disclosure: i have no involvement in wibed, except from having
contributed some code during the first few months (right after wbmv6,
when it was "born"). I hate it as much as you do. I'm simply trying my
best to not feel I wasted a week of typing in my life :)