[Battlemesh] Linksys promises not to block free firmware

Henning Rogge hrogge at gmail.com
Sat May 14 08:30:42 UTC 2016

Hi,

what we need is a good suggestion for an API between PHY and Linklayer
for a Softmac that can run a minimal firmware in the "PHY" to prevent
the user from overriding channel assignments and switching off radar
evasion by accident (e.g. driver has to signal every second if radar
events are false positives).

If we can design an API like this we can show the WIFI manufacturers
that they could build CHEAPER (less complex!) chips while still being
compliant to FCC and EU rules.

Henning Rogge