[Battlemesh] Messages to me on Matrix

Daniel Golle daniel at makrotopia.org
Sat Mar 30 00:28:25 CET 2024

Hi everyone!

I see that people are trying to send messages to me on Matrix [1].
Unfortunately, and not for the first time, my matrix client has lost
it's private key. Loading the stored key backup also doesn't seem to
work, or at least doesn't allow me to read those messages.

I hereby declare that I cannot read messages on Matrix and will not
put any further effort into (again) recovering that account, just for
it to then (again) not to work after a longer period of not using it.
Storing private keys in cookies and not having a working option to
load them from disk 6 months after storing them, repeatedly,
disqualifies Matrix for me. Plus I'm not willing to run yet another
full-featured browser (Electron) jsut for yet another messenger.
I know that there are CLI clients, but they are basically head-less
browsers or bloatware written in Go and similar waste of RAM.

tl;dr: If you want to reach me, please send emails.
Ask for my Signal username by email if you want perfect-forward-secrecy.

[1]:
[Element] You have messages on Element in the battlemesh room...battlemesh
An encrypted message.
An encrypted message.

View battlemesh at https://matrix.to/#/!ujsqncWlAgAfpcmEMM:matrix.org/$171172164926071YVihD:matrix.org
An encrypted message.