[Ninux-day] A law question

L. Aaron Kaplan aaron at lo-res.org
Mon Jan 11 10:53:20 CET 2010

On Jan 10, 2010, at 7:35 AM, Mitar wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I have been reading Slovenian law on telecommunications during holidays
> and found that they do not differ between different kinds of
> telecommunication networks. So they have only one kind of "public
> telecommunication network" and if you are doing it (what is everything
> public which uses telecommunications) you have to register, pay yearly
> fee just to be registered, retain traffic data...

Concerning "retaining data traffic"... this is one issue that bothered us
in Vienna. We looked into the law and found that this only applies to
organizations which are not SMBs (small and medium businesses)
anymore (according to EU definitions). So it only applies to larger companies
or organizations (it does not say specifically that the data retention only
applies to companies).

So, it seems we are lucky on that one.

Regarding paying a yearly fee... yeah! right...
no way!

ya basta
a.
:)