[Nodeshot] More list design details

Stefano De Carlo stefanauss at gmail.com
Mon Dec 9 16:40:16 CET 2013

Hi Federico,

What is the default sorting (column/ascending vs descending)?
Regardless of what it is, I'm assuming that by "removing sorting" it will
restore the default sorting. The following feedback is based on this
assumption.
The "remove sorting" option can be useful, but in my opinion it needs to be
coordinated with the following guidelines not to be confusing:

1) directly point out what is the default, by ALWAYS (and not only when
custom sorting has been applied) displaying the ascending/descending arrow
in the relevant column.
2) Making the "remove sorting" option statically (as in: NOT on hover)
where there is a custom sorting applied.
3) the #2 has one exception: NEVER display "remove sorting" when there's
just the default sorting applied (that is: the combination column +
ascending/descending that you choose as default sorting), as clicking it it
would have no effect whatsoever, and that is bad UX.

Stefanauss.