[Nodeshot] Refactoring doubt: device fields firmware and OS

Nemesis nemesis at ninux.org
Wed Nov 6 18:17:38 CET 2013

The problem with having OS version is that the automatic scripts running
get a version number which is quite complex.

Firmware in AirOS: XM.ar7240.v5.3.3.sdk.9634.111221.2238
uname -a output in AirOS: Linux version 2.6.15-5.2 (saverio at nockid) (gcc
version 4.1.2)

While in the case of OpenWRT the name extracted with this method:
https://github.com/nemesisdesign/nodeshot/blob/refactoring/nodeshot/networking/connector/classes/OpenWRT.py#L24

OpenWrt Attitude Adjustment (Scooreggione v4 12.09, r36608)

uname -a output is: Linux version 3.3.8 (saverio at nockid) (gcc version
4.6.3 20120201 (prerelease) (Linaro GCC 4.6-2012.02) )

Is it really useful to have separate fields for OS and OS version?

A similar issue is related to RoutingProtocols.

By just running the script on 2 devices I already have these 2 OLSR
entries in the routing protocols DB table:

name: OLSR; version: pre-0.6.3-git_-hash_b493c377b33f6e45d0b2e8b4c8e7c5db
name: OLSR; version:
0.6.5.3-git_3491d09-hash_459f792b8d1a10846916b0bf3e21f727

Federico