[Nodeshot] two example of interactive elevation profile processing using gmap

Giuseppe De Marco demarcog83 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 20 12:08:34 CET 2013

I'm a WebGIS developer in OpenLayers, Django, SQLAlchemy, Grass and R,

So, I used to say in this list, I could implement something interesting for
nodeshot if time permits !
An idea could be to draw a feature (geometry) onclick on a kml point (a
node) and visualize, in base of used antenna by node, the range and the
aperture, drawing a simple cone that could explain the device's radio
illumination over the other nodes.

It could be also usefull register on django if a node exports services as
ftp/http/proxy/voip server and other, as the importance, for debugging
purpose, to export the routing table of a node :)

another use(less/full) tool could be a arp scanner to monitor ip collisions
and store events on DB.

Cackles apart, when you need some python scripts to do some polling over
the net let me know,
it could be fun,