[Nodeshot] Talking about maps [was: two example of interactive elevation profile processing using gmap]

Giuseppe De Marco demarcog83 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 20 15:33:52 CET 2013

When I started programming webGIS i looked up ad theese and more.
Tilemill is, imvho, the best tool for map drawing, It's closely based on
mapnik and it work upon node.js with good performance too.

I chooce OpenLayers because is more mature for general purpose development,
it supports OSM - Gmpas -yahoo - bing and custom
mapserver/mapfeature/mapprocessing/tilecache and It's easy and well
documented to integrate it with third-part software.

Using mapnik we play on the level of Cartography (mapserver), that's a
level downside from OpenLayers that is a pure WebGISClient.