[Nodeshot] Layout: quick statistics besides legend

Nemesis nemesis at ninux.org
Sun Nov 24 21:15:28 CET 2013

Today I wanted to rest a bit but in the end I couldn't resist.. I had to
try an idea that came into my mind.

The idea is the following: in the map view, whatabout displaying a quick
glimpse of statistics on the legend besides each type of object?

Basically is just a replacemente of what we have now:http://map.ninux.org/
In the 0.9 default interface, the counts are in the top bar, but that's
very unflexibleand a bit ugly. And that would not work if there are many
different types of objects to display on the map and to count, eg:
active nodes, potential nodes, planned nodes, active links, planned
links, links down, vpn links and so on.

The legend is more appropiate because it's vertical and itcan be closed.

For example:

green- active - 236
potential - orange - 900
ecc.

The attached image might explain better the idea, although the labels
used for the status are different.

Statistics will have a dedicated section, hopefully done properly, but
it would be cool to have a glimpse of the status of the community at
glance.