[Nodeshot] Nodeshot v1: links drawing logic

Stefano De Carlo stefanauss at gmail.com
Wed Jan 22 21:13:25 CET 2014

Hi,

In Calabria we're in the middle of restoring the links, using the new
VPN isole with tinc + babeld. We're trying to debug the issues we're
facing (namely: links not drawing, status switched to unreachable, etc),
but we've come to realize that it's kinda pointless doing so without
really understanding how the map server draw the links.

So, being our knowledge of the current Nodeshot codebase basically
non-existant, we really like to ask you if:

* Could you provide us with an overview about the logic of how the map
server checks the link between nodes and then decide whether or not draw
them. It doesn't need to be that insigthful, we're looking for at least
some high-level overview, but of course details are welcomed. Of course,
if we missed some existing documentation, please let us know.

* Could you point us to the code files/functions/sections that perform
link drawing on the map server in the current Nodeshot version? None of
us is really that much into django, but reading code is, at some level,
way easier than writing it, so if you don't have the time to give us
some insight at least we will try to figure something out ourselves, for
the time being. =)

Thanks for your help!

Stefanauss.