[Nodeshot] Moar improvements

Nemesis nemesis at ninux.org
Thu Feb 26 21:44:07 CET 2015

Hi Baptiste,

On 02/26/2015 06:35 PM, Baptiste Jonglez wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 22, 2015 at 06:44:40PM +0100, Nemesis wrote:
>> > Our main test instance is now in italian: https://ninux.nodeshot.org
>> >
>> > Is there anyone reading here who has an instance in english that we can
>> > use to as demo for english speakers? If yes get in touch!
> Can't Nodeshot use the locale advertised by the browser, so that the demo
> instance is both in Italian and English?

Yes it's possible, a language switcher is also in the feature requests
on github.

However, even if that would be implemented, the content in the database
is not multilingual, so an instance half in english and half in italian
would not look very good for a demo.
Implementing multilingual content in the db doesn't make much sense
because it would require users to insert the content for every language
(and the development overhead would be huge).

For a non-demo site it would be very useful, especially in the case of
ninux, because it would allow an international crowd to understand most
of the features available even if they didn't speak the local language.

Federico