[Nodeshot] "Authentication credentials were not provided." on a fresh deployed nodeshot

Nemesis nemesis at ninux.org
Mon Nov 30 10:53:34 CET 2015

Hi Luiz,

very simple, the way the app is configured triggers the security
exceptions of most browsers, for example on Chromium:

Failed to load resource: net::ERR_INSECURE_RESPONSE
https://52.34.132.55/api/v1/links.geojson Failed to load resource:
net::ERR_INSECURE_RESPONSE

This happens for a combination of reasons: the frontend loads from
hiperguardioes.neblinalab.net but calls the API on 52.34.132.55 which
has an invalid SSL certificate which must be accepted explicitly (not
really practical).
Make sure API calls go to the same domain. If they must go to a
different domain, that domain must have a valid SSL certificate and CORS
needs to be enabled (although it should be enabled by default).

Everything clear?

Federico