[Battlemesh] Wireless Battle Mesh v4 - Call for papers

Roger Baig Viñas roger.baig at gmail.com
Wed Jan 26 11:18:44 CET 2011

Hello,

What about a talk where a member of each communtiy presents his/her
community in about 10/15 minutes?

Ramon Roca, one of the guifi.net founders, has already offered to give
the guifi.net's presentation, so I start a list with
community/speaker:

1-. guifi.net / Ramon Roca

More volunteers please! add yourself to the list. thx

On Fri, Jan 21, 2011 at 7:33 PM, Marek Lindner wrote:

> Wireless Battle Mesh v4 - Call for papers
> =========================
>
> Wireless Battle Mesh v4 is at hand and it is time to bring together the
> agenda. To avoid last year's dynamic process which gave us a true talk
> marathon on the very last day of WBMv3 all talks / workshops / panel
> discussions shall be announced beforehand.
>

> Tracks
> ====
>
> In order to broaden the horizon of the event we are going to split the event
> into different tracks:
>
> * The technical track is taking place throughout the week (monday till friday)
> which mainly focuses on rather technical topics like:
>  => routing protocol internals
>  => implementations / development of "cool" algorithms
>  => hands-on routing / multicast / roaming / convergence speed / etc
>  => secuity aspects in mesh networks
>  => your idea here
>
> * The weekend (saturday & sunday) is reserved for the applications track which
> aims to showcase applications that run on top of the mesh. It is not important
> whether protocol X or Y is deployed and how it is implemented, the question
> is: What can we do with the mesh once it is there ?
>  => VoIP in the mesh ?
>  => fast desaster recovery ?
>  => artistic projects ?
>  => your idea here
>
> The idea of these tracks is to provide a ground for the different developers /
> projects to exchange ideas on technical aspects of algorithms /
> implementations / optimizations as well as organizing an exchange with mesh
> network users who care less about how the mesh itself works as long as their
> application can do its job. On the other hand the weekend serves as an entry
> point for people to learn about what you can actually do with mesh networks.
>

> Submission
> =======
>
> To allow an efficient handling of your submission, please provide the following
> information and send them to me directly in form of an email:
>
> * your name
> * the track you are interested in
> * the type of your slot (talk/workshop/panel discussion)
> * your topic headline
> * your topic description which can brief (does not need to exceed a couple of
> lines) but should provide a reasonable summary of your talk
> * the dates of your stay at the event + (optional) preferred day for your slot
> * length of the slot if you wish to do a workshop (all other slots will be
> limited to one hour - notify me in advance if you think that is not enough for
> you)
>

> Deadlines
> ======
>
> Submissions are accepted until and including the 28th of February. Everyone
> missing this deadline still has the opportunity to apply for a lightening talk
> slot. These slots can be acquired by simply contacting me during the event.
> [...]

roger