[Battlemesh] Military advertising at Battlemesh

Juliusz Chroboczek jch at pps.jussieu.fr
Fri Mar 25 20:49:13 CET 2011

> I wouldn't concentrate in military but in advertisment.

All advertisement is not equal.  The Pisa guys were advertising
Diaspora, I'm fine with that.  Elektra has been advertising Mesh Potato,
and I'm glad she did.  Our Greek friends have done some advertising for
Woogle, which was very interesting, and our hosts have been advertising
Guifi.net, which I was glad to learn more about.

Advertising for companies that are in the bomb-making industry (and
potentially supply both sides in a conflict) banalises this field of
activity, and risks giving the younger generation the impression that it
is just a job like another.  It is not.

--Juliusz