[Battlemesh] Wireless Battle Mesh v5 - Next steps

Nico nico at openwrt.org
Thu Sep 8 21:31:18 CEST 2011

Hi everyone,

I hope everybody had good time during summer, now it is time to start
organizing our next gathering. Following the various discussions we had at
the WBMv4, we should finalize our plans and agree on "some" remaining
details, like:
 - date
 - location
 - roadmap / agenda
 - participants
 - call for papers
 - logo / advertising
 - battle?

As always, we are looking for help on each of these items and probably other
items we didn't think of.

During the last WBMv4, we started exploring the idea of having the WBMv5 in
Athens, Greece. We've been contacting various people to find the support on
the ground we need. Before making it official, Marek, Roger, Pau and I will
be visiting Athens in late September (from 23th to 26th). Feel free to join
us if you are in the area. In any event, we will send an update after these
meetings.

Regarding the date, we agreed on targeting March 2012. Is someone willing to
handle finding a precise start and ending? (a doodle poll like last time?)

Regarding the logo, IIRC Mitar volunteered to come up with a new one.

Regarding the advertising, I think Saverio already has prepared promo
material. What else should we do?

Any ideas, thoughts, comments and/or flame-wars are welcome.

BTW, Pietr, IIIRC you took notes during the opening panel discussion last
time. Feel free to share the notes / links with us ;)

Cheers,
--
Nico & Marek