[Battlemesh] any results of the tests?

clauz at ninux.org clauz at ninux.org
Mon Apr 2 16:22:56 CEST 2012


On 04/02/2012 10:53 AM, Antonio Quartulli wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 02, 2012 at 10:43:51AM +0200, Benjamin Henrion wrote:
>> On Mon, Apr 2, 2012 at 9:52 AM, Antonio Quartulli <ordex at autistici.org> wrote:
>>> Hello bj,
>>> someone else can probably give you some more detailed info, but I'd say that the
>>> most important result we got is that ath5k has to be fixed :) (or that we need
>>> to switch to another device. I think this was the final conclusion)
>> So you got stuck at layer1?
> As far as I understood (I was not working on the tests) after Elektra set up
> batmand, the test-group tried to play the first scenario, but the card
> stopped working after few seconds of heavy load.

What happened is that we were able to have the first flashed devices -
BTW with babeld only - on Friday evening. We tried to configure the
babel daemon but we got stuck, so on Saturday Elektra installed the
batmand package on the devices. We were able to have a working setup,
but when we started an UDP stream through the network, we obtained a
kernel crash. Twice. Then it was time to leave...

So, I think that if we really want to do the tests, we need to have the
firmware prepared in advance, before the event. Also having a place
available 24h, without time limitations, is foundamental.

I have added these suggestions to the org_framework wiki page.


More information about the Battlemesh mailing list