[Battlemesh] Payments for WBMv5, a short note

Marek Lindner lindner_marek at yahoo.de
Fri Jan 27 15:57:58 CET 2012

Hi,

> I have a suggestion to make about the event registration. We could have a
> contact form (google form for example or anything else you could suggest)
> in order to have online participants registration proving also their
> contact data and some other information like if they intend to make a
> presentation. Whoever collects these information could update the
> appropriate wiki page, excluding personal contact information for avoiding
> spammers, twice a week so that everyone can monitor the participants list.
> I had the idea, because at the moment we don't really have clear view on
> what is going on with registration and how many participant we should
> expect for the time being. Such kind of form could be also helpful with
> any Greek participation in the main event. How could we know if a Greek
> would like to participate either as a presenter or as attendant in a
> workshop? Shouldn't we have some kind of registration forms?
>
> See a draft example of such a form in the following link:
> https://docs.google.com/a/sarantaporo.gr/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dEZRQ
> m xqdnNSTWpUVjdYQXF2ODcyYkE6MQ
>
> If you like the above idea please feel free to make your suggestions about
> making it better and we could start using it. We could also embed it in the
> wiki.

generally, I like the idea of having some way to contact the people.
Especially for the Warmup event because we need to get everyone to show up at
the same place and time. How do these google forms work ? They save the data
somewhere on the google servers? Password protected or can spammers/other
people find it ?

I'd like to handle the talks / workshops in the same way as last year
(interactively via email). Turns out most people need a while to decide what
they want to talk about.  :-)
My call for papers should go out tomorrow.

Cheers,
Marek