[Battlemesh] Testbed?

Juliusz Chroboczek jch at pps.jussieu.fr
Mon Jul 2 23:48:40 CEST 2012

>>  * DLEP suppoert
>
> What is DLEP? I tried to read the RFC, but it hurts my brain:

It's a protocol for communicating with radios over Ethernet.  The idea
being that you have one smart router with a number of Ethernet-attached
APs, and you communicate with the APs using DLEP.

I have mixed feelings about it.  On one hand, isn't a routing protocol
what nodes should be using to communicate?  On the other hand, the
perspective of having off-the-shelf commercial APs that you can connect
over Ethernet to your Cisco control box or your mesh router does sound
compelling.

-- Juliusz