[Battlemesh] Battlemesh v5 tests

Antonio Quartulli ordex at autistici.org
Wed Mar 7 18:17:52 CET 2012

On Wed, Mar 07, 2012 at 04:33:14 +0100, Juliusz Chroboczek wrote:
> > Why this wrath?
>
> Marek has repeatedly claimed that the Batman protocol is documented, and
> bullies us with a "you should have looked at the open-mesh website"
> whenever we ask to see the documentation.

Well, as you know (probably better than me) it is irritating to explain
everything from the beginning each time you get a question about a well known
(and old) stuff.

If Marek said so it is probably because on the website you can find all the information
you were looking for (actually it is still unclear to me what you are
interested in). And actually Gabriel has already listed (in one of the previous email)
all the wikipages related to the topic we are discussing. Or not?

> Some of us have lost a lot of
> time searching through the open-mesh website, where we've found a lot of
> advertising material and no useful technical content.

Technical details about what? Interface-alternating? It is there! Gabriel wrote
the link. And if you really find it not so interesting, the code is available to
everybody. I think we (as part of the opensource community) should be used to
read each other code.

Gabriel said he has not enough time to look into it. I'm sorry, but I don't think
this is a good reason to blame batman-adv devs :P

> I've remained silent throughout this discussion, trying to ignore
> Marek's claims.  However, there's some point at which one needs to draw
> a line -- and by trying to put words into my mouth Marek has clearly
> overstepped the line.

18:08, you say that someone mentioned that batman is actually using an old
idea (which is what is described in the wikipages).
I think Marek was referring to that.....

Nobody is hiding anything.....Please don't put the word proprietary in the wrong
context :P

Cheers,

--
Antonio Quartulli