[Battlemesh] Battlemesh v5 tests

Juliusz Chroboczek jch at pps.jussieu.fr
Thu Mar 8 16:09:27 CET 2012

> @ Juliusz
> Would that bypass the 200sec seqno recovery issue of Babel nodes?

Yep, either of your suggestions would do.

Note however that I am rather sympathetic to the scenario proposed by
Clauz ("Oops, I just tripped over the power cord, how fast will my
router recover?"), and I agree with him that our protocols should be
penalised for not handling it gracefully.

I'm just pointing that this test will not teach us anything new about
Babel's behaviour (we already know it behaves badly in that particular
scenario), and so I'd like to see a different mobility test in addition
to the "cleaning lady trips over power cord" test above.

-- Juliusz