[Battlemesh] Battlemesh v5 tests

Henning Rogge hrogge at googlemail.com
Thu Mar 8 17:20:16 CET 2012

We had a similar problem with the duplicate sequence number detection
in OLSRd too for some time. We resolved it by counting how many
"wrong" event we got without a single "right" one. After 8 events, we
decide that source must have started with a new sequence number.

Henning

On Thu, Mar 8, 2012 at 16:09, Juliusz Chroboczek <jch at pps.jussieu.fr> wrote:
>> @ Juliusz
>> Would that bypass the 200sec seqno recovery issue of Babel nodes?
>
> Yep, either of your suggestions would do.
>
> Note however that I am rather sympathetic to the scenario proposed by
> Clauz ("Oops, I just tripped over the power cord, how fast will my
> router recover?"), and I agree with him that our protocols should be
> penalised for not handling it gracefully.
>
> I'm just pointing that this test will not teach us anything new about
> Babel's behaviour (we already know it behaves badly in that particular
> scenario), and so I'd like to see a different mobility test in addition
> to the "cleaning lady trips over power cord" test above.
>
> -- Juliusz

Steven Hawkings about cosmic inflation: "An increase of billions of
billions of percent in a tiny fraction of a second. Of course, that
was before the present government."