[Battlemesh] Out of sync seqnos after reboot [was: Battlemesh v5 tests]

Henning Rogge hrogge at googlemail.com
Thu Mar 8 21:25:57 CET 2012

It works perfectly well for routing messages too.

Message sequence numbers in OLSRd are originator specific, so even if
the order becomes mixed up, OLSRd will just ignore the outdated one
that comes later. And OLSRd keeps track of the last 31 message
sequence numbers behind the most current one, so a number just a few
digits outdated will just be ignored.

Worst case might be a restart with a sequence number 31 less than the
last one, but I have to check which code part (reset of sequence
number of ignore by history array) has priority.

Henning

On Thu, Mar 8, 2012 at 20:07, Juliusz Chroboczek <jch at pps.jussieu.fr> wrote:
>> We had a similar problem with the duplicate sequence number detection
>> in OLSRd too for some time. We resolved it by counting how many
>> "wrong" event we got without a single "right" one. After 8 events, we
>> decide that source must have started with a new sequence number.
>
> Yeah, we do that for hello seqnos in Babel, which are link-local.
> Unfortunately, and unless I'm missing something, we cannot easily do
> that for route seqnos, which are end-to-end, and can be delayed or
> reordered by tens of seconds.
>
> -- Juliusz

Steven Hawkings about cosmic inflation: "An increase of billions of
billions of percent in a tiny fraction of a second. Of course, that
was before the present government."