[Battlemesh] Out of sync seqnos after reboot

Juliusz Chroboczek jch at pps.jussieu.fr
Thu Mar 8 22:28:47 CET 2012

> Message sequence numbers in OLSRd are originator specific, so even if
> the order becomes mixed up, OLSRd will just ignore the outdated one
> that comes later.

Hmm... I need to think it over.  Babel is different from OLSR, as Babel
routing messages can be delayed significantly (tens of seconds) and
still be accepted, even not in seqno order, as long as the feasibility
condition is obeyed.

But you're right, there are probably some cases where I can detect an
unexpected seqno and discard the feasibility state; I'll think it over.

> Worst case might be a restart with a sequence number 31 less than the
> last one,

Ack.

-- Juliusz