[Battlemesh] Battlemesh v5 tests

Clauz clauz at ninux.org
Sun Mar 11 13:03:08 CET 2012

On 03/11/2012 10:59 AM, Antonio Quartulli wrote:
> Hi Clauz,
>
> I would like to propose another test, a bit different from the others.
>
> I'd like to see how batman-adv (and the other protocols if the feature is
> supported) behaves in case of a client roaming from one to another mesh node.
>
> Actually I worked on this feature for batman-adv during last year, but I've
> never practised a medium/large scale test. It would be nice to see how
> connections are kept alive while moving (e.g. an ssh session, a skype call).
>
> Would it be feasible?

Hi, Antonio.
I had thought about performing tests with moving nodes at first, but
then I left them out because:
 * at ninux we don't have real moving nodes :) and, AFAIK, moving nodes
are not common in other wireless community networks as well
 * it might be not easy to repeat the test (i.e. walk many times the
very same path at the very same speed) for each protocol

BTW, is this feature already included in the "standard" batman-adv or it
does require a specific build? One of the rules [0] that was my feeling
to introduce (again for sake of community-network realism) is that the
routing protocol build and configuration should be the same for every
different test...

Perhaps we can leave mobility for the next Battlemesh?

Clauz

[0] http://www.battlemesh.org/BattleMeshV5/Tests#General_Rules