[Battlemesh] Talk @ WBMv5

Roger Baig Viñas roger.baig at gmail.com
Fri Mar 16 09:13:01 CET 2012

Hi,

On 16 March 2012 04:58, Marek Lindner <lindner_marek at yahoo.de> wrote:
> On Friday, March 16, 2012 06:59:59 Roger Baig Viñas wrote:
>> Shifting is one option. Another is to extend the talks one more day
>> (Tue-Fri). Despite both of them are ok for me I think the second has
>> some advantages: 1st) does not affect the rest of already scheduled
>> talks, 2nd) does not affect the activity of those who want to hack
>> since they can keep doing it in parallel of the talks, and 3rd) opens
>> the door to devote more time to talk about specific the projects since
>> there's a lot of stuff that might be interesting for many mesh
>> enthusiasts. In this sense I would propose to reshape the talk
>> currently proposed for Thursday from 17h-18h "Public funding for mesh
>> projects" to something like:
>>
>> * general aspects (30min)
>> * ENPI (30min)
>> * CONFINE (30min)
>> * Commons4EU (30min)
>
> Personally, I don't really have a preference but last year we had a longer
> discussion (almost an outcry) for less talks. As long you and Aaron get
> crucified and not me - I am fine with either way. ;-)

Ok, I bring the nails, Aaron brings the timber (since his trip is
shorter) and I hope we can borrow the locals a hammer :p

> Can we have some more opinions from the audience ?

that would be the best metrics!

>> And I would suggest also another talk (Friday?) about the future of
>> the WBM (how do we want it to be? how can we improve it from the
>> experience gained from the previous editions?) and the v6 edition
>> (candidates to host it?)
>
> We already have a slot for this topic - the opening talk (like we did last

Ops! sorry. -1 on me :(

> year). As I recall you were too busy organizing stuff to attend it ?!

No, unfortunately I couldn't attend it (IMHO it is impossible to be
part of the organization and attend the talks unless everything is
either perfectly organized in advance or you don't care too much about
the results).

> Regards,
> Marek

roger