[Battlemesh] WBM V6 Ibiza & Formentera

Mitar mitar at tnode.com
Wed May 2 12:46:42 CEST 2012

Hi!

I think we started all this on the wrong foot. What it matters if there
is or is not a community networks, what exactly is the spirit and so on
... what matters is that somebody wants to organize and make an effort
and we should welcome this. So please do not use arguments "this is
right for Battlemesh and this is not". Thing are not black and white. We
are lucky that we have multiple locations to have Battlemesh next year
and it is crazy to argue which one is "right".

I would suggest that we simply analyze both (or all) possibilities and
then simply community votes. We as all decide and this is it. No
"reasons", no "arguments what is more in spirit what is not". Everybody
decides for him/herself if this or that location is in his/her opinion
suitable for Battlemesh, and more than the other location.

I would propose then to use this site for voting:

http://www.cs.cornell.edu/w8/~andru/civs/

Everybody can rank possible locations in preference order and we will
see what community things is the best location for next event. And for
next event after that ... this is then another story ...

But before start voting, we should learn more about locations, what are
their advantages, what are their disadvantages and discussion should be
open so that we can think about different reasons to prefer one or another.

Mitar