[Battlemesh] WBMv6 - Hardware / Sponsoring

Simon Wunderlich simon.wunderlich at s2003.tu-chemnitz.de
Fri Oct 26 10:58:17 CEST 2012

Hey Bastian,

On Thu, Oct 25, 2012 at 07:52:09PM +0100, Bastian Bittorf wrote:
> dear crowd,
>
> as already mentioned at closing ceremony at WBMv5 in Athens,
> we will sponsor this year the test nodes. We prefer
>
> Buffalo WZR-HP-AG300H
>
> because of dual-radio 2.4 + 5 GHz and enough ram/flash:
> http://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/buffalo/wzr-hp-ag300h

These routers look very good, at least spec-wise. I have not used
them so far, but if they seem to be supported by OpenWRT quite well.

IMHO it is a good idea to prepare the firmware for the event some weeks
before it starts, but we can just get one or two of them before, I guess. :)

> my proposal is to order/send the stuff directly to
> the location. it doesnt matter how many we need of them,
> we will use it after the event anyway in reallife.

Great! It is also good to hear that you can re-use them. :)

> any suggestions or complains about this?

Just one question, maybe more to the crowd: How many of these devices
will we need? We had a lot of Foneras in the past, but how many
of them did we use in the last years test? 5? 10? 20? 50? :)

Bastian, do you have a suggestion how many you would like to sponsor?

Thanks a lot!
	Simon