[Battlemesh] Battlemesh event in Leipzig and HAM Radio Repeater for travelling nerds

Saverio Proto zioproto at gmail.com
Fri Dec 13 14:42:50 CET 2013

> The problem of course is lisencing.  The amateur community focuses on experimentation and learning rather than practical everyday use, and it might not be practical to have a
> communication system where every user must have taken the exam to get an amateur radio lisence.

I agree ! we have to find some communty frequency space for everyone
to use also in the VHF and UHF bands.

> Im almost sure 446Mhz is available for unlisenced use in Germany.  But if you and perhaps some others have an amateur lisence, maybe we could make some demonstrations
> with your repeater.  I would be interested.

In italy 446.000 up to 446.100 Mhz is free to use if you have a mobile
equipement (walkie takie) with low power.

I am looking forward to see you at the battlemesh and to test with you
the 430Mhz access points.

Saverio