[Battlemesh] Promote WBMv6: ENDORSEMENTS?

Simon Wunderlich simon.wunderlich at s2003.tu-chemnitz.de
Fri Jan 25 19:49:19 CET 2013

Michel,

I still think we should keep the endorsement/poster making free of any
monetary engagement. Projects will most probably deterred, or start
discussing how/who/whether they pay/contribute anything and will not
endorse.

As far as I understood, the original idea to endorse was:
 * spread the word
 * let other people know who is coming
 * have a poster with all the logos

We should keep this open for everyone, even if they don't contribute,
or bring cash. Everyone can then read the news articles of the projects,
see the online flyer/poster. Printing poster is just an extra here.

Printing T-Shirts is another issue, as this neccassarily involves giving
money to someone who prints the T-Shirts for us.

I see three options here:
 * use the event budget for T-Shirts for both paying them and selling
   them at the WBMv6 (afaik this is not part of the budget yet). Please
   contact Martin if you want to choose this option and discuss it with
   him, he handles the budget.
 * Use your private money, pay the T-Shirt producer, and collect the money
   from the participants by selling them. I've did the same for BATMAN t-shirts
   the last years, and it worked out quite well. Of course this includes the risk
   to not sell all of them, but that's part of the fun. ;)
 * let someone else print T-shirts, bringing them and handle all that stuff. :)

Cheers,
	Simon